Sunday, September 18, 2011

Halloween Thoughts

Had a play date with Vicki yesterday. We went all over Portland seeking out Halloween Treasures. The first place we stopped was Racha to eat. They have the most wonderful Thai food. Then we headed towards Sellwood. I love this a little town just south of downtown Portland. My friend Pauline introduced me to American At Heart a few years ago. Right now the store is full of fall smells, decor, and lots of Halloween items. They are more of a country type store with Amish style furniture. It was hard to resist dropping about $200 on all the things I want. After a quick dash into Starbucks for my Pumpkin Spice Latte we headed down 17th to Stars which is a consignment shop. I love all the ideas I walked away with. I bought an old glass candy dish that's bright orange, another black iron dish (still thinking what that will become) and I decided to put the porcelain baby head back. Although what a great crafting opportunity that would be (thinking Zombie baby head in a jar). I'm still on the fence. It may be in my house by next week :) Vicki found an awesome Spider bracelet and then we were off to the Home Goods store. This store is always deadly. Luckily I was able to make it out of there only Spending $30 purchasing the Apothecary Jar (above) for only $13. All in all we had a great time. We haven't had one on one time together in a long time and I was happy Halloween provided such a wonderful experience together.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had fun! Nice to have a friend to share in your halloween "madness"!

    ReplyDelete