Sunday, September 16, 2012

Front Porch ideas

The house is done, with a few minor changes or additions here and there. Now I start thinking of the outside display. Last year I did a plastic urn planter with sticks I collected from the neighborhood forest. Then I used lights, pumpkins and creepy cloth to finish off the porch. My front porch faces the sun in the afternoon. Rotting any pumpkins I set out with in a week. So I try to save using real pumpkins until the very last week. My outdoor display comes out Oct 1 so it's a challenge to find a display that is wind proof, rain proof and heat proof.


I really like this display. My porch isn't that big but a scaled down version would be great. I have quite a few of the fake pumpkins. I just need to figure out a way to make them not look so fake.


I'm also always torn between Scary or Fun. We still have a lot of little ones in the hood and I don't want them to be afraid of coming to the door. I like the bats in this one.

Absolutely love this display.


This is the ultimate display. They took the idea from the Haunted Mansion and created heads that sing and talk. Wish they were my neighbors. Use the link below to check the whole story and set up.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/diy-disneys-haunted-mansion-fo-159102


Still have a few weeks to come up with ideas. Let me know if you think of anything.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Those topiaries are really captivating! I used to remember my aunt making really impressive pumpkin porch lights. You should try making one!
    - Allison Shallenberger

    ReplyDelete