Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Making Halloween Yours


I'm always amazed at the creativity surrounding this season. Take a holiday like Christmas, the theme is very similar from household to household. There is individuality but most generally they keep to character with the fun whimsical time of year. Halloween is different. The alter ego of the person who is decorating comes into play. It gives that person a chance to become or be something different for a short period of time. For some it's cute pumpkins, bright orange, greens and purples. For others it's death and Gothic with grey, blacks and the sharp contrast of red. Some focus on harvest while others what to gross you out or scare you to near death.

Many moons ago, my Halloween started off with cute fun things I bought at the local stores. Now I spend my time hunting for that right piece with a focus on a vintage style. I'm trying to make more of my own decor using old items I find at Goodwill and garage sales. Some of my older pieces don't make it too the next year. Instead they go to Goodwill to find a new owner. Often times I'm the new owner and can't believe someone would get rid of such a treasured item.
Pinned Image

Halloween is such a strange and different kind of deocrating. Decorating for Halloween is limited only by your imagination or the money you what to spend. I love looking at what creative ideas people come up with. Thank god for Pinterest....it's my Halloween crack. Everyone has a hobby and I guess mine is Halloween.
             Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment