Wednesday, September 12, 2012


I'm almost done decorating. I still have things to add here and there but the majority of it is done. I love how every year there is a different turn out of display. It's the same things just in a different display or arrangement. This year I made a wreath from Coffee Filters. This was taken from a design I saw on Pinterest which was from BHG. It's original design was for a banister but as I was making the each ruffle a wreath started to come into my mind

Which then prompted me to add the individual pieces to the tops of these hands I found at Michael's. It's hard to see in the picture but they are hanging down from my mantel.

Finished off the room with curtains I made and creepy cloth. The curtains I had for a few years and again they have taken on a different feel this year. Last year I draped Feather Boa's across the top this year black creepy cloth from the dollar store. I think I have a whole container of just Creepy cloth.

The dining room is my Candy Room. You can't have Halloween with out the temptation of candy. The kids get really excited when this room finally comes together. I have jars, dishes and buckets of candy displayed all over. I notice over time they slowly become less and less. Little sneaks.



Here is the final display of my Giant Pixie sticks. I placed a vase inside the out vase and filled it in between with Candy corn. Spider garland from Michael's fills in between the decorated pixie sticks.
Here are some of the Jars I made with Candy. These don't open so the candy inside is REALLY old. I haven't had to replace it yet!. I used glitter, ribbons, and handmade medallions to decorate the jars.
Target $1 Halloween buckets filled with Candy make this sweet display.

I found this glass Owl and Large Orange Vase at Marshalls. Good deals and I can use the Vase for other stuff since it matches my everyday Decor.



I love that I have space above my Kitchen Cupboards to decorate. Most of the stuff up here are things I have collected over the years but some I have made, I buy stuff on sale at the end of season, and Dollars store is a Halloween dream.
Bathroom, not done. Too plain still



This is in my entry way. The picture hanging on the wall is one that is there all year. I found some pictures online and cropped them to fit into the squares and VIOLA Halloween ready.

This Vase sits on this table all year. I added some Black thorny pieces from Michael's, a dog costume collar around the vase, dollar store skeleton and changed it into Halloween.

It feels so good to be transformed into Halloween. I still have projects I want to do and will be working on stuff for the next few weeks tweaking and adding to my decor.

2 comments:

  1. How do you get your creepy cloth to fasten to the wall? I'm having a hard time with this part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use 3m hooks, the kind that you can remove later. They have ones that have a hook and latch and they are great for the creepy cloth.

      Delete