Tuesday, September 4, 2012

No decorating today

While I'm not completely bummed, it was a bit disheartening that I couldn't start on Halloween today. I'm still not feeling well and other obligations caused me to get a late start.

Well all was not lost. I started my day with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Starbucks. Today was the official first day and Bridget and I were the first ones to order it. The lady probably thought we were crazy. This afternoon, I completed my test run for my Giant Pixie stick Boo-quet. My dinning room has a Candy theme. More on that hopefully this week.

A few years ago my friend Pauline introduced me to this fabulous candy Store in Milwaukie, Enchante'. All year they have Paris inspired chocolates, candies and Popcorn. Halloween is the best time ever to visit this little shop of Chocolate where they transform from Pink Silver and white into the beautiful colors of Black and Orange. Unfortunately they don't have a website so here is there card.
One of the first years I visited them they had these giant Pixie sticks with vintage medallion's glue to them. They were featured in a vase, each with a unique designs. I bought a couple and dismantled them, deciding I could easily make them. I wouldn't say easy but certainly fun. I usually give them out at the kids party or to the first 24 kids at my door.

At Michael's I buy a few books of Halloween Scrap book paper. Select whatever paper gets your fancy and cut a strip 6inches by 12 inches. Accordion fold the along the 6inch side of the paper. I chose 1/2 folds. When done pinch the paper in the middle. I tied mine with a bit of black pipe cleaner. Hot glue the ends to each other and you have a round medallion. Using contrast paper cut a shape for the center and use Printed pictures or in this case I have purchased more scrap booking materiel. (hint, find this stuff on clearance for the next year)
 
Add ribbon. I used two different kind same width for this one. But I think I like using skinny with fat. You can hot glue the medallion to the paper part of the Pixie stick or you can use the pipe cleaner and wrap it around.

Now I just have 23 more to go.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment